- 8 cups cold water
- 8 large tomatoes – peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, minced
- 1 (1 pound) loaf stale French bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar
- 1/8 tablespoon salt
- Combine water, tomatoes, bread, and oil in a large stock pot. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, blend onion, garlic, cucumber, and green pepper to a paste. Stir into the stock pot.
- Using a hand mixer, blend until ingredients have a watery, pinkish consistency. Alternatively, process in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add vinegar, and season with salt.
Tips/Secrets: Make sure you have enough time to put it in the fridge so that you can serve your gazpacho really chilled. Use quality produce. Vary the ingredients according to your personal taste. Gazpacho makes a delicious starter to a meal.