If you have ever been to the Canary Islands, then you will probably have tried Papas Arrugadas with Mojo Picon or Green Mojo
- Small New Potatoes
- Sea Salt
- Add the potatoes to a pot of very salty water (in the past the Canarians used sea-water).
- The potatoes should float in the salty-water, if they don’t you need to add more salt.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Now drain most of the water from the pot and cover the potatoes with a layer of salt.
- Turn down the heat and gently shake the pot so that salt crystalizes on the potatoes.
- Finally, turn off the heat and cover the pot with a tea-towel for 5 minutes (so that the potatoes turn ‘wrinkly’).