- 1 kg of halibut (sama or lubina is a fish, like halibut) or other white flesh fish
- 400 gr of potatoes
- 3 garlic gloves
- ½ hot fresh pepper (small and hot)
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 tbsp. sweet paprika
- ¼ to ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- Salt (as needed, to taste)
- Peel the potatoes and sliced.
- Cook in a small pan in salt water, wait for the water boiling for 5 minutes, and add the fish and cook for more 5 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked.
- While you cooking, starts the salsa: In a food processor put the garlic gloves, the hot pepper and the cumin.
- Add a pinch of salt, mix well, than add the paprika and vinegar, and incorporate the olive oil, step by step, like you make a mayonnaise.
- Add at the end a little fish stock from your sancocho.
- Serve the pescado, drained in a serving plate with the potatoes around the fish and the salsa on top.
Note: The Sancocho can be accompanied with a Mojo verde (green salsa).