- 1kg Loin of Pork
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Sweet Paprika
- 225g medium-thick slices of Jamón Serrano (ham)
- 450g Onions peeled
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 7 tbsp dry (fino) Sherry
- 240ml Chicken Stock
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC, Gas Mark 4. Rinse the pork under cold running water and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Mix some salt and pepper with the paprika and rub over the outside of the pork.
- Lay half the ham slices side-by-side to form a long rectangle. Place the pork on top and lay the remaining ham over the meat. Wrap the ham around the meat and secure with kitchen string.
- In a roasting pan, heat the oil over high heat until very hot then fry the pork joint until browned on all sides.
- Place the onions or shallots around the meat and continue to fry over a high heat until they begin to brown.
- Add the sherry and stock then transfer to the oven and roast for about 1 hour, basting the meat from time to time with the pan juices.
- Remove the meat from the pan, cut into slices, and arrange with the onions on a warmed serving platter. Pour the juices from the pan over the top and serve immediately.